Friday, September 10, 2010

Living "Out of the Box"

I kinda let this blogging thing go for a while. Almost 4 months to the day, to be exact -- May 11. Wow. How far I've come!

Okay, thanks to the help of my "Yes Man," I've discovered that the "Little Boxed in Girl" really likes it better when she opens the lid and peeks out to a world just waiting to be experienced. So, I grabbed my box-cutter, ripped open the thick cardboard and extra-strength packing tape, took a deep breath...and it felt great.

What have I done since my "great escape?"

  • I wrote and sang a song to someone...without music to accompany me. I felt as if I were baring my soul.
  • I woke up early enough to watch an oceanfront sunrise for the first time.
  • I discovered that late-night skinny-dips are heavenly...and devilishly fun.
  • I decided to start letting go of things (and people) that are "energy suckers."
  • I went to a bellydance class on a whim one Saturday, and it made me feel beautiful.
  • I sang at a restaurant with a good friend...with about 5 minutes to prepare...and the people liked it.
  • I went for my first evening motorcycle ride... through the country... and it was breathtaking.
  • I made a difficult decision for the right/best reasons and am learning to live with it.
  • I took a risk and trusted someone enough to share an experience that happened a long time ago from which I haven't fully recovered. The moment I did, I felt a tremendous weight lift off of me.
  • I started taking swing dance lessons.
  • I realized that my "Yes Man" was the love of my life, and now, we're both learning to live "out of the box" together.
Ain't life grand when you take a little chance or a risk, and it feels GOOD? Now...What's next? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment